Pet Health Certificates | USDA Vets in Toronto Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer

International Health Certificates 

USDA certified veterinarian on staff.

Going away on a trip or moving outside of the country with your pet? Each country has its specific and sometimes complex import requirements and we will take care of everything for you. From health certification, microchipping, and pre-travel diagnostic testing. We will take care of any Government international exportation paperwork and make sure that all the requirements are met so you can travel safely with your beloved friend with peace of mind.

What do I need to do to make travel plans for my pet?

If you’re traveling by car, you should carry your pet’s vaccine history, their most current rabies certificate, and a veterinarian issued pet health certificate that includes information about their most recent wellness exam.

If you’re planning to fly, research the specific airline you plan to use. Some airlines have their own requirements while others defer to those issued by the destination state or country.

Important questions to ask your airline might include:

  • What are your pet travel policies?
  • Do you offer fleet cargo space for large pets? Will this affect which flights I can book?
  • Are small pets allowed in the cabin area?
  • Do you have specific pet carrier requirements?
  • What are your pick-up and drop-off policies for pets?
  • How do you handle layovers when there are pets on board? 

When you schedule your appointment, please let us know where and when you’re planning to travel, so we can properly address your needs. 

Interested in additional information? Check out this resource.

Call us at (416) 506-0100 or request an appointment online for your pet's health certificate.

USDA Certified Veterinarian

Spadina Animal Hospital